This granola is great for breakfast, or as a snack between meals. Feel free to add dried fruit to the mix after baking is done and the granola has cooled.
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2.5 cups mixed raw nuts, coarsely chopped (macadamias, slivered almonds, filberts, walnuts)
- 1.5 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of ground ginger
- a couple drops of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Mix oats, nuts, and coconut flakes in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a small saucepan and heat over low/medium until just combined; do not boil. Whisk by hand with a few good strokes.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir to coat, making sure that the liquid is evenly distributed through the dry ingredients. There should be no excess liquid pooling in the bowl. If there is too much liquid, add some additional spoons of oats and mix until fully combined.
- Add to a tray and bake for 1.5 hours. Halfway through baking, remove tray from the oven and stir to ensure even toasting. Increase or decrease the total oven time based on your desired level of toastiness! We like hours very toasty.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Then jar and enjoy!