Quick & easy breakfast sandwiches with eggs baked in ramekins.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp light cream
- salt, pepper, seasonings for eggs
- bacon or breakfast sausage patty for topping
- very thinly sliced seriously sharp cabot cheddar cheese for topping
- Martin’s potato sandwich buns
- cooking oil
- Special equipment: two small ramekins
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix the eggs with the light cream. Add seasonings, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk all to combine.
- Butter or spray the ramekins with cooking oil.
- Divide the egg mixture into the two ramekins.
- Bake in center rack of oven – set two timers, one for 17 and the other for 20 minutes.
- While eggs are baking, cook bacon or sausage patty.
- Put opened sandwich buns with cheddar in oven for last 3 minutes of cooking. This will lightly toast the buns and melt the cheddar.
- At the 20 minute timer remove the buns and eggs from the oven. Assemble sandwiches.
- Top with favorite hot sauce.